Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jesus take the wheel

The Lord is teaching me alot through my son Caden.  He is 5 yrs old and in kindergarten.  He is a car-rider, everyday I take him to school and pick him up. 

Yesterday I was in the car-line waiting to pick him up when my phone rang. It was his school calling me to ask if Caden was supposed to be riding the bus home today. I told them no that he is a car-rider, and has always been one and I was outside waiting.  She quickly said he was on the bus let me see if I can catch the bus, and hung up the phone. Thankfully the bus was still in the parking lot and the teacher found him and brought him to me.  I asked him why did he get on the bus when he knows I take him home everyday.   His answer was "because I wanted to ride the bus.."

Caden goes to school out of our district, which means there is not a bus that goes to our home.  He had no bus to get on, he just got on one expecting it to take him home. Had the bus already left, he would have been riding, and riding, all the kids would have made it home, and he would have to ride the bus back to school where I would still be waiting on him. 

How many times in our lives do we do what WE want to do when the Holy Spirit is waiting in the driver seat to get us to our destination?  We often choose our own direction in life and it seems like it takes alot of u-turns before we get to our destination....till we get our spouse, job, or success we want in life. 

There is an easier way, choose to be led by the Holy Spirit.  Let Jesus take the wheel of your life and steer you to your destiny.  You will not only get there, but you will arrive on time!!!!

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take."

Isaiah 48:17
"This is what the Lord says - your Redeemer the Holy One of Israel:
"I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along paths you should follow.""


Psalm 23:3
"...he guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name..."



No comments:

Post a Comment